Using Muscle Testing to Screen for Cancer
Let’s watch “Dr.” Overman teach us how we can muscle test for cancer.
WOW- The level of irresponsibility in this video is just off the charts!
In case you’ve never heard of Applied Kinesiology (AK)-AK is the idea that the body can-through muscle strength- discern the truth of personal statements (like a lie detector),weather or not your body likes certain substances like food or medication,and according to this guy;weather or not you have diseases.
The most common way I have seen to “muscle test” is the type presented in this video with an arm held straight out and someone applying medium downward pressure to the out stretched arm.The idea is that if you utter a false statement or hold a subsstance that is harmful to your body close to you;that your muscles will weaken allowing to practitioner to easily push the arm down, and the opposite for a truth full statement or a helpful substance.I have also seen muscle testing being done by creating a ring with your middle finger and thumb and then trying to break the ring by pulling it apart (someone else would do this for you),or by trying to pull it apart yourself using the index finger of the opposite hand.
You make the statement: “I am a human being.”
In this case,you should be able to resist the downward pressure and keep your arm out to your side.
You make the statement: “I am a 12 headed aquatic unicorn.”
In this case,however,your muscles should weaken making it impossible for you to resist against the downward pressure and your arm will fall to your side.
I stumbled upon this video a few weeks ago when a friend of mine asked me if I had ever heard of AK.I told her I had and our discussion of it led me too look at any new You Tube videos posted on it since I had last looked them up. I was terrified to come across “Dr.” Overman giving a seminar and explaining to the class how you don’t need to go to the hospital and use real technology because it’s easier and cheaper to just have someone do this garbage instead.
“…you don’t have to put’em in a huge multi-million dollar building with this multi-thousand dollar instrument to screen them.You can just do it yourself anywhere you are because you have your brain and hand.Right? And I like that.”
The scariest part is that while his was making these ridiculous statements you could watch the joy and wonder on the faces of the people listening to him and listen to their agreement with his statements.
It’s no wonder that a little investigation of Overman gives you the results that he sells herbs and supplements as a way of treating sickness and disease and uses AK as a way to pick out the correct supplements for the people that come into his store.Of course,real scientifically tested and proven treatments also “test” negatively and are to be avoided.I cannot expess strong enough the importance for getting real screening and treatment of you suspect having cancer or any other illness.
I tried to leave a comment on the video stressing the point that he was being totally unethical telling people such things,but shortly after posting it I found the “Dr.” had deleted it.
Oh,and in case you were wondering by what means he calls himself a doctor-he cites himself as getting his doctorate in Naturopathy from the Trinity college of Natural Health.In other words;a doctorate in pseudoscience from the Trinity College of Bullshit.Guess what? I just got my doctorate in Puddle Jumping from Yellow Boots University.Please refer to me as “Dr.Murray,PJ” from now on.
So,is their any proof that muscle testing and AK actually work? No.
When double blinded tests of AK have been conducted the results were no better than chance.
If someone tries to bring up AK (in the case of my friend,it was a massage therapist)and convince you that it really works;here is a simple double blinded test you can set up:
- Get 10 small containers of the same size and shape (like water bottles all of the same brand)and black them out so whats inside cannot be seen.
- Fill 5 with just plain water and 5 with a mixture of water and powered rat poison. Be sure to measure equal amount into each container so there is no weight difference.
- Make sure all parties involved see the containers being filled so there is no dispute that 5 are indeed water and 5 are indeed the mixture.
- Have the person being tested do a muscle test on each bottle while they know which ones contain the water and which ones don’t.This will confirm that the persons muscles will respond positively to the bottle with water in them and negatively to the bottles with the poison mixture in them.
- Place the bottles in a private room or area and have one person,who is not involved in conducting the test,walk into the room alone and attach numbered pieces of tape 1-10 on each bottle randomly and record on a piece of paper which numbers correspond to which substance. (ex. 2,5,6,8,10 = water 1,3,4,7,9=mixture).Have them seal the paper in an envelope and place the envelope on a table in view of everyone.
- Have a different person enter alone into the room with the bottles and have them mix up the numbers on the bottles randomly and have them record which new numbers correspond to the old numbers (ex. bottle 2 now = bottle 6,bottle 4 now = bottle 9,etc).Have them seal the paper into an envelope and place it with the other envelope.This way no one knows what containers contain what until the end of the test when the envelops are opened.
- Have a third person go into the room and choose randomly each of the bottles one at a time and bring them out to be tested and record the results.
- After all the bottles have been tested open the envelopes to reveal which bottles contained which and compare them to the the results of the trials.
Chance alone would predict 5 out of 10 to be correct.Of course if AK really worked as the practitioners claim,there should be no reason for them to not score perfect or at least maybe 8 or 9 correct.